Cough medicine is good for both things and people
1. Diabetic patients can not take cough syrup because its sugar content is more than 75%.
2. Coughing is forbidden in patients with cardiac insufficiency and pulmonary congestion. The drug has a paralytic effect on respiratory mucosa, which is easy to cause respiratory obstruction and asphyxia.
3. The tuberculosis patient coughs, forbids the potassium iodide. Because it can revive the old tuberculosis.
4. Patients with gastric ulcer cough, careful use of potassium iodide and ammonium chloride. Potassium iodide and ammonium chloride are irritant expectorants, which can stimulate respiratory mucosa and cause nausea and vomiting.
5. Cough in patients with severe hypofunction of liver and kidney, potassium iodide and ammonium chloride are forbidden. Because it can acidify urine after oral administration, acidosis can occur after a large number of taking.
6. If the glaucoma patient coughs, it is forbidden to use kebiqing. Because of its atropine like effect, it can increase intraocular pressure.
7. Patients with hypofunction of liver should cough carefully with Zhike powder and bissouping. Otherwise, it will aggravate the damage of liver function and increase transaminase.